Thursday, July 26, 2007

That time of Year Again!!


I ordered some new curriculum this year for school. I didn't think that I ordered that much but as the pile on my desk keeps growing I am beginning to wonder. . . Keep in mind these books are all for the classes I am teaching, none of Chloe's curriculum has made it into the pile yet. But I am having fun mining through all of the books for new ideas, techniques and projects for my students. This year I am teaching Beginning Sign Language, Advanced Sign Language, Elementary Theatre, Theatre Productions (my older theatre class), Creative Movement (a dance class), Life in the Middle Ages, and Passport to the World (a geography/social studies class). Whew! I am exhausted just thinking about it. I have more than doubled my class load this year but I pray that it will be an incredible year, for myself as a instructor and my students.

I am getting Chloe's curriculum ready for school this year as well. She doesn't need any huge, thick text books. Oh to be a Kindergartener again . . . well, maybe not. Her school work will be a lot of workbooks and hands on learning, her absolute favorite. She will be taking Soccer, Music, Science, a PE Class, Scrapbooking, Sign Language and her Kindergarten class. She will also be in Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Tumbling next year! And she wants to join Girl Scouts. I think she is taking after me! Yikes! As busy as our fall schedule sounds we will have lots of down time too! With Chloe being in her classes I will have a lot of one-on-one time with Aidan which I plan on enjoying to its fullest.

And . . . yes, that is my laptop sitting on the desk . . . and yes, it is PINK!! Way too cute, I know. But I couldn't resist getting the cover, plus it is awesome anti-scratch protection for the computer while being fun at the same time. I even ordered a blue cover for Matt's computer.

No comments: