Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm Home!!!

After a Loooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg 23 hour day I finally arrived in Seattle at 8:57 pm.  My trip began in at the Frankfurt airport where my flight to Washington DC had been cancelled.  I wound up flying eleven hours to San Francisco.  Very annoying since we flew over Spokane on our way there.  The set up in SF was awesome.  After finding my bag, then going through Customs, all I had to do was drop my bag on another turn style about 50 feet away.  No checking in again or anything.  My friends and I immediately got some real American food, stretched our legs for a couple hours before our next flight straight to Seattle.  The flight was only 1 hour and 45 minutes.  After a day of fighting to stay awake to adjust to the time difference, I slept through the majority of the flight.  As a matter of fact the tires hitting the tarmac when we landed was my alarm clock.  When I got off the plane Michelle, Chloe, Aidan, and Brenna were all waiting.  Chloe was of course the first to run up and hug me.  Aidan seemed shocked (like he might have been dreaming).  Of course after Chloe confirmed his hopes he also ran up and gave me a hug.  He has also not let me leave his sight since.  Since I knew it would already be pretty late I suggested Michelle reserve a hotel room in advance.  With a pool of course.  All of us played, and I was quickly reindoctrinated on the realities of being a family man.  After a long day all I wanted was to take a shower, but all three children managed to take baths before that could occur.  It is now official.  I AM HOME FOR GOOD!!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Finally home for Good!! Yippee!!

Your wife!!

debparlee said...

WELCOME HOME COUS! LOVE, DEBBIE

Jenny Rebecca said...

When daddy's come home it's like all is right in the world again.... and if it's not that's ok because daddy can fix it just by being there! (hugs are the only necessary tool)!!