Sunday, October 7, 2007

Women's Retreat

I went to a Women's Retreat Friday night and Saturday with church. Mom and I went together. It was such a refreshing time full of fun and growth. I see most of these ladies each week on Sundays but I don't have the opportunity to get to really know them at an hour and a half long service. So it was so nice getting to know these ladies in a new and different way. We stayed at Camp Casey in one of the old barracks (it was pretty dusty and musty) but other than that it was nice. The views of the beach and water were astounding. The weather quickly turned nasty Saturday morning making a walk along the beach a miserable experience in the wind and rain but watching the storm blow in was beautiful.

We had an incredible speaker who was very down-to-earth and transparent. I don't like listening to speakers who seem to be talking at me not to me. This speaker was very poignant and funny using her own life experiences as examples to prove her points. I learned a lot about myself (which can be a scary thing, I'll admit). The worship was awesome as well.

Whenever we have retreats or events at church (especially for Women's Ministries) we always have the best food. This weekend was no exception. Baked Ziti (I think) and tira misu for dinner, pull-apart sticky buns and an egg/sausage casserole for breakfast and a salad bar for lunch. Yum! Plus all the chocolate and snacks we could eat. Which we did. We also made some cards, gift boxes and bookmarks for crafts. Which I helped with, it was so much fun to use my Stampin' Up! skills for the Lord. We stayed up until 2am playing jump rope, talking and toilet papering people into their rooms. We had so much fun.

I came home physically exhausted but emotionally and spiritually recharged. I don't get to go to many retreats but I am already looking forward to the next one!

No comments: