Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Portland Conference

We made it safely back from our trip to Portland this past weekend. I went to a Stampin' Up! Regional Conference on Saturday so Nana, Chloe and Aidan came along. We had a great drive down there Friday, we sailed through Seattle (if you can believe it). Once we reached Portland things quickly changed. Traffic down there is a nightmare. Plus there were 4 or five major conferences and events going on in the city that weekend so that did not help. We hit 4 or 5 hotels looking for a room before we finally found on in Tigard. It was a fabulous hotel and we will definitely use it again.

Saturday I went to my conference and was on sensory overload I learned so much about stamping and different techniques. I also came home with a stack of projects I made and a new stamp set. (Check out my other blog for more specifics http://michellesstampinpad.blogspot.com). Nana and the kids hung out and played at the hotel and had a blast roaming around. That night we met my Aunt Kim and Great Grandmother Helen for dinner at a fabulous Chinese restaurant nearby. No kidding, it was the best Chinese I think I have ever eaten.

Sunday we took our time heading home after hitting Babies R' Us (I had to see what was new of course) and Costco. It was a fun weekend despite the nausea and sinus headaches. I keep praying the morning sickness will go away once I hit three months! :)

No comments: