Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pregnancy Ups and Downs

Another week of nausea and sickness has past. Sorry the opening line isn't more exciting but that has been the week. Matt and I are getting excited about the pregnancy and Chloe (and her Aunt Lisa) insist it is twins. I am having double the sickness of the other pregnancies and I am already showing (but that could just because my body hasn't gotten totally back into shape from Aidan). We find out on October 31st, if it is one or two babies causing all the mischief to my body.

We did get a confirmed due date, May 22, 2008. I was excited that the due date was not in the summer. I feel so bad for women who are due in August and September, July was miserable enough. This date means a lot of work on my part for school over the next year. My annual play is June 7th. YIKES!!! So I had the fun of announcing to the class that we have to get busy. Next week, we start on props for "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". At least this play is simpler to produce than last years and I can buy almost every costume. Yippee!!

Well as we are busy planning where the baby(ies) will stay, what we need to get, the car situation and everything else involved with a new addition. This week we got some upsetting news. I had seven vials of blood drawn and a blood glucose test on Monday (the joys of pregnancy :) ). My test results for the blood glucose test were a little high which has the doctor concerned this early in my pregnancy. The high test results could just be that my metabolism has slowed a bit during the pregnancy which is not a big deal (that is what we are praying for). But it could also mean gestational diabetes which can cause problems for all of us. Having a baby over 9lbs automatically puts you at risk for getting gestational diabetes with the next pregnancy. Next Friday I go in for a 3 hour blood glucose test to determine if I have gestational diabetes. If you could please pray we would greatly appreciate it.

No comments: