Friday, October 12, 2007

Big News!

I am reminded again of how powerful the connection is between our kids and God. I might just rethink the next time I tell Chloe to pray about something. This has been a week full of shock, excitement, shuffling around and big changes! Next week I will be eight weeks pregnant. Big surprise for us (not that we weren't expecting a positive result from the hospital). This was not what we had planned (God had another plan for our family) but we are beside ourselves with excitement. Two Kids IN DIAPERS!! Not ideal when Matt is getting ready to retire, but at least the Navy will pay for the birth of this one. :) We don't have a confirmed due date yet, I should have that in a few weeks after my first appointment with the nurse. I will keep you updated. We are also hoping and praying that Matt will actually be here for the birth (he may have to leave not long after that).

Chloe of course is beside herself and is insisting that she is getting a little sister this time. Aidan will have a huge adjustment coming up in the next few months, I pray that it goes well and he isn't lost in all the chaos a new baby brings. Chloe has been begging for a little sister since we had Aidan, not that she doesn't love him, but he's not a girl. So Matt and I told her to ask God (not really sure how to answer her pleadings any other way). Apparently God listened. She has also insisted that we are having a girl (for her) and a boy (for Aidan). So the polls and bets are on (check the sidebar on the right for the latest poll). I don't know if I'd put anything past her at this point. I will let you know all as we learn more!

No comments: