Tuesday, February 3, 2009

4AM & I Can't Sleep

It is 4AM and I am feeling miserable. Got to love it when the kids share their colds. =) So since I can't sleep I thought I would do some blogging. No better time than now. We have been busy as usual. The kids are still adjusting to Matt going back to work. If you could keep Aidan in your prayers we would appreciate it. The poor guy is just so confused and anxious right now.

For those of you who don't know, my parents are renewing their wedding vows on their 30 year anniversary. So for the past year or so we have been busy making wedding plans for them. Saturday my mom, SIL Kim, Mom's friend Kelly and I (and Brenna of course) went to David's Bridal to do some wedding dress shopping. We had so much fun! Mom tried on five different dresses before finding "the one". Since Dad reads this blog too I can't share anything about her dress. =) Sorry Dad.

We also looked at flower girl dresses for Brenna and Chloe. Which was not easy considering the size gap between them. We found gorgeous chiffon ivory colored dresses. They are so adorable. I am attaching a link to the dresses but the picture does not do them justice. They have an empire waist with beading across the front of the dress. Way too cute! We had such a hard time picking out dresses. There were so many beautiful ones but they were so "grown up" looking. Chloe may think she is "grown up" but she is still only six (almost seven) and still very much a little girl. These dresses were the perfect choice--girly with just the right touch of "grown up" for Chloe. They are going to wear flower wreaths and little ivory slippers.

My SIL Kim and I picked out our dresses while we were there too. Now the dress we picked does not look good on a hanger. We only grabbed it because it was in the color we wanted and in our sizes. I don't generally like the one shoulder look for dresses but this style and cut is incredibly flattering on most shapes. It looked great on us. Here is the link. You may have to change the dress to Horizon Blue if you want to see the color we got them in. Kim and I wanted to be comfortable on the day of the wedding so we weren't really excited about the prospect of high heels. Kim found an adorable pair of kitten heel sandals (with a flip flop toe). The straps are covered in rhinestones. Very fun and cute!

After three hours of dress shopping we went out to lunch and just had fun. It was a great afternoon. We got so much accomplished for the wedding. Now we just have to finish the invitations, make the favors, figure out food for the reception, make sure the guys have their suits, get flowers, and the list goes on. =)

All right I am going to see if I can catch up on some of my missing sleep before I have to teach today...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am so glad that you guys had a good time!! Blessings!