Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wearing out Shoes!

I had to buy a new pair of walking shoes the other day. I started a new walking program on Monday at the base. It is a "Walk it off" program. Where the goal is to walk about 10,000 steps per day. My old (very cheap) shoes were just not working. So I actually went out and bought an expensive pair of running shoes (I know I should of found walking shoes but they weren't as comfortable). I have been doing much better ever since. You are suppose to use a pedometer to count out your steps. Unfortunately they ran out of pedometers on the first day because the program was so popular. So I will pick one up today and start counting. It is a lot of fun especially since Lisa, Jenny and Becca are joining me every day at noon for a 1 hour walk. I didn't think I would feel it, but let me tell you, it is a workout. My legs hurt, today my behind started to hurt and my stomach muscles are sore. Oh well, no pain, no gain--well in this case, no pain, no weight loss.

No comments: