Thursday, December 18, 2008

Surviving the Deep Freeze!

I am typing this and looking out our window at the same time. We have 6-8 inches of snow and the powder is still coming down. Our street is covered in about 2-3 inches of ice and another 4 inches or so of snow on top of it. Yesterday it snowed heavily all morning than the temperature climbed above freezing and everything under the snow turned to ice about two hours later. We are expecting another huge, cold, windy, winter storm this weekend. So we are bracing for wind and power loss! Matt-we might have to actually take the generator out of the box and use it!! :-)

It is a beautiful snowy but dangerous scene. We have watched people sliding down our street and heard the sirens going almost non-stop today and yesterday. I did venture out today with the kids. It took me thirty minutes to scrape the ice off of the Suburban. The windshield wipers were encased in an a few inches of ice. I wouldn't of ventured out but Chloe is sick and needed some meds. Now I know why I leave driving in the ice to my husband!! We made it home safe (but with a few white knuckles) and now have no reason to leave the nest for a few days!!

I hope you are all surviving the deep freeze as it spreads across the US. I will try to post some pictures tonight once the kiddos are in bed. Matt is a bit jealous, I think-His snow melted!!

PS-Chloe lost her fourth tooth on Sunday and is now sporting quite a hole in the front of her mouth. She is not feeling up to pictures right now but maybe later!

No comments: