Friday, August 1, 2008

Big Boy Bed!





After night after night of Aidan climbing out of his crib and sleeping on the floor of his room, it was time for my baby boy to graduate to "Big Boy" status. Today he got a toddler bed. Which was a nightmare to put together I might add. It didn't help matters much that there was a very excited little boy in our way. The bed was finally built correctly and made (with Spider-Man sheets). Aidan was thrilled. I think he thought it was more of a toy than a bed though. His crib will stay in his room for a few weeks until he is used to the transition.

PS--The sibling rivalry has already begun...that's Brenna's bear in his bed. He swiped it from her dresser!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aidan Update:

He was a bit confused about sleeping in his toddler bed and not his crib. I think he thought the new bed was a toy and didn't quite understand its purpose. He is doing better now and heads right to it for bedtime. I do find him on the floor still every now and again. I think it is more a rebellious "I'm not going to give in and go to sleep even though I am exhusted!" stubborn stance than a refusal to sleep in his bed. :-)