Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Brenna Update

My pregnancy is going well, still some bumps along the way but overall it is fine. Two weeks ago I had a doctor's appointment that didn't go so well. My blood pressure was high (although you chase Aidan all day and NOT have high blood pressure) which concerned the doctor. They tested me for toxemia (a serious condition I had with Chloe) and it tested in the medium range, not high enough to cause serious alarm but high enough to get some attention. I also had to do another blood glucose test (yeah, drink more orange goo).

Yesterday I had another appointment so they could check on my blood pressure, etc. My blood pressure was low (surprising after the insane afternoon I had). My toxemia levels were barely traceable. My blood glucose test was perfect and my blood sugar was actually low (surprising since I had eaten cake about two hours before the test :) ). The doctor was impressed with my progress and Brenna's heartbeat was very strong (not surprising since she is all over the place). Yeah! So we have avoided the dreaded bedrest threat for now and life can continue as normal.

No comments: