Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Carseat Drama!

One would never think that it would be so hard to find an infant car seat, right? Wrong! I started looking online at various car seats and finally narrowed it down to the one I wanted. It is a great model with a great safety record and I loved the pattern (chocolate, turquoise and a print with fun brown and turquoise circles) and it matched the diaper bag perfectly, what could be better? The Navy Exchange had the car seat back in February so I went down to get it. They didn't have any and couldn't order anymore. Talk about major disappointment. So back online. The only places that sold that model wanted $150 for it (plus tax and shipping) WAY out of my budget.

So I find a cheaper car seat at Wal-Mart.com (got to love free site-to-store shipping). It was pink and brown (once Matt said I could buy a pink car seat I was set) and kind of cute plus it was on sale. Bonus! So after I got paid last night, this morning I went to order the car seat. Wouldn't you know it? "Out of Stock Online!" AAAGGHHH! All I was looking for was a car seat, why is it so difficult!! So at the last minute I decided to go back to the Exchange and grab the one car seat they had there (not my favorite print but at this point I was beyond caring).

So when the sales associate went to the back to look for the car seat I showed her the stroller that matched the original print I wanted. Figuring it was a long shot I asked her to keep her eyes peeled for that pattern while she was looking. So she left and came back two minutes later empty handed. You can imagine my frustration because I was sure they were out of car seats too. After all, everyone else was! But she couldn't remember what number I wanted because she found two identical car seat boxes with two different item numbers. After convincing her to bring out both so I could look at the patterns, she went back and came out with the car seat I had wanted all along!!!!!! I wanted to jump for joy!



So now I have my car seat which I LOVE! I never thought buying a car seat could be a lesson in patience but it was. I guess God was trying to show me that I need to take the little things in my life to Him just as much as the big things! He has been so faithful as we prepare for the baby! I just have to buy the playpen (which matches the car seat of course) and we will be almost set (except for all those little things that pop up). But ready or not, Brenna will be here before we know it!!

No comments: