Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sewing My Fingers to the Bone


Well, here I am, knee-deep in costumes once again. The time for the school play is fast approaching and I am relatively calm. Hard to believe I know. I am daily thanking God for my mom and her amazing talent with a sewing machine. She has been an incredible help as I try to conquer my growing list of costume needs for "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".

So far over the past week I have sewn two beaver costumes, a leopard costume and a unicorn costume. I have a bit of finishing up to do on those projects but they should be done this weekend. My mom is hard at work on the White Witch's costume (no small feat I assure you). Let's see, all I have left are . . a wolf costume, finish the lion suit, two fairy costumes, finish a cape, alter two tunics, a ghost costume, make a rabbit costume into a bear costume, sew furry pants for Tumnus, create a costume for a Centaur (half man-half horse) . . . Yikes! I better stop now before I give myself a hernia. There is much more on my list to go!

So if the thought occurs to you over the next month--I could use your prayers, for sanity, patience, and all the help I can get!! I know that God can do the impossible and right now, the play feels like the impossible as I stare at my lengthy "To Do List".

No comments: