Sunday, June 8, 2008

Over The Rainbow!!

Yippee! Hooray! Hallelujah! And any other word to exclaim my excitement.

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is FINALLY OVER!! Once again I have my life back, well as much as possible with three kids. This is our last week of school and than we are done for the summer!! Yeah! Maybe now I can catch up on my sleep and finally have some quiet time to relax a bit. I also won't be running all over town taking Chloe everywhere she needs to go either.

The play was a HUGE success. All of my students (ranging all the way from Kindergarten to high school) did a fabulous job. I cannot believe how well everything came together (thanks to the help of some very wonderful parents, including mine). I never know what will happen when I combine two classes and we rehearse once on the actual stage the night before our performance. This was Chloe's first play ever where she actually had parts. She was a Munchkin, Dancing Flower and a Flying Monkey. She did wonderful and was so excited. I will try to get a hold of some pictures (I was way too busy to take any and Matt was trying to keep up with Aidan) and post them. Brenna did great through all of the chaos as well. She slept through most of it and even when she was awake she was quiet and just took it all in. Thank goodness for the baby sling.

We did have one incident Saturday evening during our second performance. We were right in the middle of intermission. I was right in the middle of changing Brenna (she had blown through her clothes and was just in a diaper) when the fire alarm went off. At first I thought it was the music we were playing at intermission (I was in a room off of the stage and could barely hear the alarm) but than I realized what it was. So I quickly grabbed my almost naked baby, her pajamas, her diaper bag and a blanket, ran on stage to make sure everyone was gone, cleared the green room and ran outside with all of the evacuating students and parents. I stopped by the car to grab my extra blanket. It wasn't even 50 degrees outside plus we had a very cold wind blowing. Poor Brenna was crying she was so cold. So a few parents stood around me, held up Brenna so I could get her dressed. Than we bundled her up in blankets and coats the best we could. What an adventure that was! She was crying so hard she exhausted herself and fell asleep. It was quite an entertaining sight seeing all the kids in their costumes standing outside huddled together trying to stay warm.

As it turns out a construction crew at the high school cut through the water main which set off the alarm. We were back inside ten minutes later and five minutes after that the show continued. In all the plays I have been in, that was definitely a first! All in all it was a great experience and as crazy as it sounds I cannot wait to do it again. Although I think I will wait a few months first. :-)

No comments: